Ready. Set. WRITE! is an online writing intensive to help stay accountable with your writing goals over the summer and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on whether planning, drafting, or revising! Your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, and Katy Upperman. Find the rest of the details HERE.
Today is all about setting goals for yourself. Here are mine:
1. Finish a draft of my screenplay. I’d like to have it off to some readers for feedback by the middle of July.
2. Finish a draft for a TV pilot and send off to readers.
3. Begin work on the sequels to both YA manuscripts, as well as further polishing and revisions on the first books, as needed. I would like to have a few chapters written and the books plotted (although, my plotting is pretty loose when drafting) by the end of the summer.
5. Read at least one book a week. I’ve been so busy lately, and so tired at night, that reading has been shoved to the back burner. No more!
4. Have an epic summer with my son.
This weeks goals:
1. Finish the few revision points left on my manuscript Of Blood and Promises.
2. Write Five Screenplay pages.
Ready. Set. Write! helped me stay accountable last summer, and I am so thrilled to do it again this year!
What are your goals for summer?